[Users] Spamassassin problems and proxy config

J.-S. Farinet uhtlmk at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 4 21:41:02 CEST 2013

Am 04.07.2013 20:51, schrieb Paul:
> On Thu, 04 Jul 2013 19:31:19 +0200
> uhtlmk at googlemail.com wrote:
>
>> Following the instructions to use spamassassin on your FAQ site
>> (http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Using_Claws_Mail_with_other_programs)
>> i had no success. I learned then, that the command you're giving to
>> create the actions "Mark as Ham" & "Mark as Spam) is not correct: it
>> should be <sa-learn --spam %F-> (WITHOUT the leading dash!). After
>> correcting that, spamassassin plugin obviously tried to act but i
>> got errors like this:
>
> It's a wiki, you can correct mistakes if you find them, and improve
> the information that is there.
>
>> ----------
>> archive-iterator: unable to
>> open /home/uli/.claws-mail/imapcache/imap.netplus.ch/V0000811/INBOX/18559-:
>> Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
>> ----------
>>
>> (transl: did not find file or directory)
>>
>> BUT: File and directory are there. So, it might be a rights problem?
>
> The problem is that, like the leading dash that you discovered should
> not be there, the same is also true for the closing dash. So this
> file '18559-' doesn't exist, but '18559' does.
>
> I think that the leading and trailing dashes in the wiki were supposed
> to be substitutes for quote symbols.
>
>> Now, does spamassassin start automatically at bootup? Or should it
>> be set to? And if so, how?
>
> Probably. Find info for your distro about that. See if it's running
> after you reboot.
>
>> Generally, is there someone out there, who would be willed to guide
>> me a little bit (spamassassin seems pretty much complex, at least
>> considering my - limited - knowledge)?
>
> Like the wiki says, the simplest method is to use the SpamAssassin
> plugin. Maybe you should consider that.
>
>> My second main question is: Is there a way to configure the output
>> of claws mail to a  proxy (a little bit like in icedove)? May be
>> using httppc?
>
> There are few places on the interweb talking about this. e.g.:
>
> Using proxychains: http://www.gnewsense.org/Documentation/Tor
> Using torsocks (in German):
> https://rorschachstagebuch.wordpress.com/2008/11/02/claws-mail-zweit-profil-fur-tor/
>
> HTH
> with regards
>
> Paul

Thanks a lot for that quick and good help. I'm not aware how i could
correct that wiki and moreover,not being an expert i'm shy and would let
that do to more experienced people ;)

Anyway, just to my understanding: Do you mean running the personalised
action files means i refer to an in some way "outside" running
spamassassin process while the plugin would be activated first in the
settings, obviously, and then in with the menu buttons (learn as spam
resp. learn as ham)? For what it's worth: That menu buttons seem to me
to not have any influence; tried it either with bogo or with
spamassassin but seemed to make not at all a difference.

I'll go to learn from the links you pointed me to for the fowarding
issue. In this moment, i'm completely unsure what mailer i should go to
use as default ... (Btw, german isn't a problem at all, here ;) )

In any case, i'll try out and will report.

Thanks again.