[Users] Spamassassin problems and proxy config

uhtlmk at googlemail.com uhtlmk at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 4 19:31:19 CEST 2013

Hi!

I'm new to claws-mail and, trying to set it up as my default
mailer, i encounter some problems.

Following the instructions to use spamassassin on your FAQ site
(http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Using_Claws_Mail_with_other_programs)
i had no success. I learned then, that the command you're giving to
create the actions "Mark as Ham" & "Mark as Spam) is not correct: it
should be <sa-learn --spam %F-> (WITHOUT the leading dash!). After
correcting that, spamassassin plugin obviously tried to act but i got
errors like this:

----------
archive-iterator: unable to
open /home/uli/.claws-mail/imapcache/imap.netplus.ch/V0000811/INBOX/18559-:
Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
----------

(transl: did not find file or directory)

BUT: File and directory are there. So, it might be a rights problem?

Moreover, i'm getting, from time to time, msgs saying spamassassin
could not act because spamd is not working. I
checked /etc/default/spamassassin and corrected:

# Change to one to enable spamd
ENABLED=1

And did then manually:

sudo /etc/init.d/spamassassin start

At least, at the commandline, i wasn't prompted with an error ;-)

Now, does spamassassin start automatically at bootup? Or should it be
set to? And if so, how?

Generally, is there someone out there, who would be willed to guide me
a little bit (spamassassin seems pretty much complex, at least
considering my - limited - knowledge)?

My second main question is: Is there a way to configure the output of
claws mail to a  proxy (a little bit like in icedove)? May be using
httppc?

Background: I've running a small rasperry-box between local network and
cable modem which works as transparent proxy schematically like this:
squid3 -> privoxy -> tor.

Thanks a lot in advance.