[Users] Move #mh to shared folder.

Mark Filipak markfilipak.linux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 07:25:12 CEST 2013

On 2013/4/7 10:13 PM, Pierre Fortin wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 14:04:41 -0400 Mark Filipak wrote:
>
>> Then why does it have 'box' at the end of its name?
>
> Better Qs: Why isn't:
> - "Sent" -> "Outbox"?
> - "drafts" -> "WIPbox"?
> - "Queue" -> "MailCart"?
> - "Trash" -> "CircularFile"?
>
> :)

Too cryptic for me to understand. I have no idea what you are trying to say.

> Granted... from an earlier message, you warned us (in your own words):
>> Can you help me a little more? Remember I'm a Linux novice, but more
>> importantly, I'm a hardware engineer (and you know how linearly-stupid
>                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> hardware engineers can be!).
>

> Sheesh Mark, are we gonna be treated to constant "but why?" questions?
> Respectfully, that's a pre-schooler's approach...

The User's Guide has no explanations. For example, the menu items aren't documented - open the PDF and do some searching. Instead, the User's Guide expects the reader to 'understand' Claws. I don't 'understand' Claws. It isn't described in an understandable way, beginning with the terminology. I don't mean to sound harsh, but what I'm stating is the truth and is easily demonstrable.

> Many of us have been CM users since its SC days (some since S days); and
> are very happy with the work of all the developers, regardless of the
> "names".

Fine. You're part of a cozy little family.

> Unless you are here to provide patches, who cares that the ${ITEM}s are
> not named perfectly in your opinion?

Based on my explanation about 'understanding' Claws in order to understand the User's Guide, do you still feel that my complaints are trivial?

> Inbox, In, Incoming, Received,
> You_have_mail, Reed Basket(sic), whatever... C'mon!  The most succinct
> developer is Paul who's now responded more to you than he normally does
> to the entire list.

Who are you? Do you speak for Paul? He and the developers have a lot to gain from me. I'm willing to spend the time documenting my experiences but I'm not going to do that if I'm just going to be blown off. Perhaps they have the time and the independent money to allow them to work on free software but I don't.

--
VMware Player 5.0.2
Host: WinXP3, 32-bit