[Users] Move #mh to shared folder.

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Mon Apr 8 04:13:58 CEST 2013

On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 14:04:41 -0400 Mark Filipak wrote:

>Then why does it have 'box' at the end of its name?

Better Qs: Why isn't:
- "Sent" -> "Outbox"?
- "drafts" -> "WIPbox"?
- "Queue" -> "MailCart"?
- "Trash" -> "CircularFile"?

:)

Granted... from an earlier message, you warned us (in your own words):
>Can you help me a little more? Remember I'm a Linux novice, but more
>importantly, I'm a hardware engineer (and you know how linearly-stupid
                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>hardware engineers can be!).

Sheesh Mark, are we gonna be treated to constant "but why?" questions?
Respectfully, that's a pre-schooler's approach...

Many of us have been CM users since its SC days (some since S days); and
are very happy with the work of all the developers, regardless of the
"names".

Unless you are here to provide patches, who cares that the ${ITEM}s are
not named perfectly in your opinion?  Inbox, In, Incoming, Received,
You_have_mail, Reed Basket(sic), whatever... C'mon!  The most succinct
developer is Paul who's now responded more to you than he normally does
to the entire list. I worry he'll get irritated and move on...  or is
that your real goal?  Are you a TBird or other plant trying to disrupt
this project?

If not, here's a patch you can consider creating/submitting:  since the
main folders each have a "folder type", there should be no reason why they
couldn't be renamed to whatever you like; kinda like a "personal
locale"...  i.e., I'm pretty sure Colin's folders have French names based
on his locale...

Paul, Colin, Holger, et al:  THANKS guys!!  Sure am glad CM doesn't
support Air Mail -- would hate to see the discussion if it did...

Pierre
"licking screen to seal envelope" cuz CM doesn't have that either....