[Users] Fw: Claws not downloading mail (how do I check and prove the matter?)

Miroslav Rovis m.rovis at inet.hr
Thu Nov 15 04:06:10 CET 2012

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 02:06:22 +0100
Miroslav Rovis <m.rovis at inet.hr> wrote:

> the queries left from my earilest experience with claws-mail are still
> standing.
>
> So I'm not changing the title.
>
> But I do have a different query.
>
> Searched (Google and ddg.gg on verbatim:
> csv2addressbook.pl "Problem with
> your exported CSV file"
> )
> and found it only here:
>
> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1047361#p1047361
>
> Exactly same I get:
>
> $ perl csv2addressbook.pl --type=thunderbird
> --csv=/mnt/at8-g200-Cmn/dLo/Mail.d/ThBird_121112.csv ERROR:
>         Invalid field count!
>         Problem with your exported CSV file
> $
>
> Anybody could tell what needs to be done here?

I found out what the problem was.

I went on and experimented, and I had to change the "my @tbird_fields =
('  ... line in the  csv2addressbook.pl script.

I had to change it to what I had in my csv exported thnderbird address
book, but in the same format.

That was the first change that was needed.

The second (actually the third) change was, I needed, in one case, to
remove a comma in the very last line (that was the sole line to contain
one comma too much. All had exactly 37 commas, that one had 38. I'm not
lying! :-)

In most other address books from backup (and I have them even 6 ys old
and older possibly), it was necessary just:

The second (in most cases) change, was: remove the comma at the end in
all lines.

And then I got:

$ perl csv2addressbook_01.pl --type=thunderbird
--csv=/mnt/at8-g200-Cmn/dLo/Mail.d/ThBird_070315_01.csv
Done. Address book imported successfully.
$

If any newbies need, I can tell them all the details.

Cheers!