[Users] Fw: Claws not downloading mail (how do I check and prove the matter?)

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Thu Nov 15 08:21:21 CET 2012

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 02:06:22 +0100
Miroslav Rovis <m.rovis at inet.hr> wrote:

> he queries left from my earilest experience with claws-mail are
> still standing.
>
> So I'm not changing the title.
>
> But I do have a different query.

different queries should have different subjects. It's much easier
later for reference. (It's also batter to have one query at a
time).

> Searched (Google and ddg.gg on verbatim:
> csv2addressbook.pl "Problem with
> your exported CSV file"
> )
> and found it only here:
>
> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1047361#p1047361
>
> Exactly same I get:
>
> $ perl csv2addressbook.pl --type=thunderbird
> --csv=/mnt/at8-g200-Cmn/dLo/Mail.d/ThBird_121112.csv ERROR:
>         Invalid field count!
>         Problem with your exported CSV file
> $
>
> Anybody could tell what needs to be done here?

Evidently, from your other mail, you found the fix. The trouble is
(aside from the script not being too smart) is that thunderbird
keeps adding extra fields to the csv export. Every so often an
extra field is added, then later another, still later, another ...

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune