[Users] Only issue prevent claws-mail to be accepted in corporate

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Mar 27 23:36:04 CEST 2012

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 13:43:05 +0300
Kertesz Laszlo <laszlo.kertesz at gmail.com> dijo:

>No this does not goes away. The OP was talking about the fact that
>Claws Mail UI has certain options greyed out while getting mail
>(scanning folders) AND, bigger nuisance, prevents the user from
>accessing mails until the scanning (and fetching of messages) is
>completed.

This was never a nuisance for years when I used Claws Mail only with
POP accounts. Lately I added an IMAP connection to a Google mail
account where there are a lot of folder, and it does take a long time.

It's not enough of a bother for me, but I can see where it would be a
major issue in a large company. I wonder if a workaround might be to
have a corporate server on the local network access the Google servers,
and then the desktop machines can access their mail from the corporate
server. This would make the speed much faster, perhaps only a few
seconds. The only machine that would be tied up during access would be
the corporate server.