[Users] Migrating Google Mail to Claws Mail

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Mar 17 07:21:46 CET 2012

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 16:43:47 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

>>imap.gmail.com
>>Use SSL: Yes
>>Port: 993

Still no joy.

I have it working with send and receive in Opera Mail, but still cannot
get receive to work in Claws Mail. The strange thing is that it does
not even attempt to connect to imap.gmail.com. The network log window
is completely empty. No error messages, nada. You would expect error
messages, like authentication problems or dns errors, or *something*.

I tried creating the account over again from scratch as another new
account. Same results.

I have a desktop computer with Lucid on which I have Sylpheed 3.0.2.
Considering my success with Opera I decided to try in Sylpheed. Same
problem - it sends, but for receive it does not even attempt to connect.

I searched the bug list, but found nothing.

It's like there's a checkbox somewhere that says "ignore this
account," or "this account is just for sending."

Someone please give me some suggestions. Even if it's the wrong answer
it might stimulate thinking. I'm completely out of ideas.