[Users] Question regarding forward of HTML e-mails

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Thu Aug 9 14:51:13 CEST 2012

On 08 August 2012 at 23h09, Michael Gmelin wrote:

Hi,

> So my question is: Since modifying HTML content is outside of claws'
> scope, is there an option to remove HTML alternatives on forward
> automatically (or turn the HTML alternative into an attachment).

It is turned into an attachment, since that commit:

2010-12-23 [colin]      3.7.8cvs23

        * src/compose.c
                Finish fixing bug #2203: When forwarding (inline) and
          	there are some text/* parts with no name, set them a
          	name and set their disposition to attachment, so that
          	recipients with MUAs preferring HTML parts don't show
          	them by default.

Strange that your recipient looked at the HTML part by default since it
seems you're using 3.8.1.

--
Colin