[Translators] An explanation, please

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Fri Sep 4 21:12:48 CEST 2015

Hi Luigi,

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 12:46:24PM +0200, Luigi Votta wrote:
> I am beginning to review the previous translation of
> claws-mail controls (It's perfect).
>
> But I don't know ho to translate this:
>
> "Failed to register avatars internal rendering hook"
>
> as I don't know its meaning.
> Can someone explain it in more readable language.

Basically means something at very low level has gone wrong :) [1]

I wonder if those strings should be translated at all, and better using
the real hook name within the source code, and not an English phrase
which is a transliteration of that name and mostly meaningless for
anybody not familiarised with the source code.

> P.S.
> When is scheduled the next release?

It's not scheduled yet, but could happen at any time...

Don't worry, it will be announced and you'll probably have enough time
for updating. But remember: do not translate tomorrow what you can
translate today ;-)

regards,

[1] https://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-Hook-Functions.html
--