[Translators] unclear string; synonyms

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Wed May 21 18:43:24 CEST 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 05:51:03PM +0200, Thomas Bellmann wrote:
> Am Wed, 21 May 2014 16:50:54 +0200
> schrieb Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org>:
>
> >   Hi Thomas,
> >
> > On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 04:27:53PM +0200, Thomas Bellmann wrote:
[...]
> >   Umm, there's no "icons" or "icon cache" on those strings.
> >   Can you post the specific msgids which appear confusing to you?
>
> Above you have "image cache" and "items cache", additionally you
> can find
> | #: src/plugins/libravatar/libravatar_prefs.c:112
> | #, fuzzy
> | msgid "_Use cached icons"
> | msgstr "Icons aus dem Cache verwenden"
> in the po-file.
>
> Do image (cache), item (cache) and (cached) icons refer to one and the
> same thing or to different things?

  Well, "avatar image" and "icon" are mostly used as synomyms, yes.
  Probably this has to be reviewed in order to reduce confussion (but not
now, after release). The "missing items" are the avatar images/icons not
downloaded, hence a different thing (and was named differently on purpose).

  thanks,
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~