[Users] How to place mailboxes in hidden folder

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 15:48:36 CEST 2016

On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 14:23:25 +0200
Albert ARIBAUD <albert.aribaud at free.fr> wrote:

> I don't see what exactly Chris wrote that was wrong or misleading.

There is nothing 'wise' in CM terms about keeping the mailbox folders
outside of ~/.claws-mail/, there is simply no need for this, and one
location is as good as another. It was wrong that there was some
wisdom, and it was misleading because there is absolutely no need to
do that.

> > > Yes, even after your original response, first because "why"
> > > isn't much of an informative response, and second and more
> > > seriously, because whether the user *can* use a full path does
> > > not mean (s)he *knows* (s)he can at the moment (s)he wants to.
> >
> > "why" isn't much of an informative response, but since I'd just
> > written the orignal response it didn't seem necessary to repeat it
> > all over again just to qualify my question when it was there in
> > the thread already.
>
> Your original answer was about dotted subdirs in a mailbox path

No. My original answer was this:
http://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2016-March/016039.html

with regards

Paul