[Users] How to place mailboxes in hidden folder

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Thu Mar 24 10:01:51 CET 2016

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 00:29:52 -0400
doark at mail.com wrote:

> I wanted to place my mailboxes in somewhere other then plain sight.
> I thought that a hidden folder, even .claws-mail, would be a good
> place. I can't seem to get claws-mail to accept that though, how do
> I do that?

First copy the mailbox folder to where you want it, use the -p flag
to preserve timestamps, etc. eg.:

cp -pr /home/user/Mail /home/user/.claws-mail/

Then, in claws-mail, use '/File/Add Mailbox/MH...' and enter the full
path to the new location, e.g.

/home/user/.claws-mail/Mail

Then you can remove the old mailbox in claws-mail by right-clicking
the top-level folder and clicking 'Remove mailbox'.

Finally, you can delete the old folder from your file system.

with regards

Paul