[Users] Getting CM 3.7.10 into Ubuntu Precise Pangolin (12.04)

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Wed Nov 9 01:08:31 CET 2011

On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 11:03:28 -0500
Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:

> On Nov 08, 2011, at 09:13 AM, Colin Leroy wrote:
>
> >Ricardo Mones who's subscribed there is our Debian maintainer, so I
> >suppose he follows the critical patches :)

  The vcalendar memory leak could be interesting to add, if next
  Claws Mail version doesn't get released in time for Wheezy. Not sure
  about the Gnome shell ones (just entered unstable 3 weeks ago).

  Anyway I expect some version to be released in a not too distant
  future, don't you? :)

> Awesome, yes of course!  I definitely don't want to step on Ricardo's
> toes, so I'm happy to take my cues from you and him.  Ideally of
> course, Debian (testing or unstable) would have the latest blessed
> versions, and then it would be a no-brainer for me to just sync the
> package into Ubuntu.

  Yep, that's the idea. And do the sync more often.

> We currently carry two small deltas from Debian (other than the
> recently applied patches):
>
>  * by default, changing accelerator keys is disabled

  I've already tried to explain before¹² that this is a some ad-hoc
  "standard", that Claws Mail is not a GNOME application but a desktop
  agnostic GTK+ based mailer, and hence I'm sticking to default
  upstream on the Debian package. I guess nobody took care of writing
  this on the patch info...

>  * a .desktop file which registers x-scheme-handler/mailto

  The Debian package uses upstream desktop file since 3.7.10-1, which
  IIRC already contains this, and the debian/claws-mail.desktop was
  removed. I guess you should remove it from Ubuntu's debian dir too
  (and any related patch).

  regards,

¹http://bugs.debian.org/607094
²http://bugs.debian.org/630157