[Users] Getting CM 3.7.10 into Ubuntu Precise Pangolin (12.04)

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Wed Nov 9 09:18:24 CET 2011

On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 01:08:31 +0100, Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org>
wrote:

>   The vcalendar memory leak could be interesting to add, if next
>   Claws Mail version doesn't get released in time for Wheezy. Not sure
>   about the Gnome shell ones (just entered unstable 3 weeks ago).

Gnome Shell users have a hard time with 3.7.10 unpatched. When they
launch Claws, they then have to go to the task list and unminimize it
from there.

For now my PPA packages ship with

#your debian patches
11mark_trashed_as_read.patch
12fix_manpage_header.patch

#GNOME Shell patches
3.7.10cvs55.patch
3.7.10cvs57.patch
#Unity patches (global WM simplification)
3.7.10cvs75.patch
3.7.10cvs76.patch
#bug #2310 (not critical, I've pushed it for one of my friends)
3.7.10cvs79.patch

>   Anyway I expect some version to be released in a not too distant
>   future, don't you? :)

I thought my cairo drawing patches for the lists would have
unstabilized the code more than that, but from my last weeks experience
it's at least as good as before, and Pawel has been busy fixing stuff...
so yeah, probably. We should make a(nother) Santa Claws :-)

That's to see with our dear release manager anyway: it depends on his
schedule and opinion !

We're slowly moving to a topic that'd be better on devel@ anyway.
--
Colin