[Users] save all: how to exclude noname.* files

Rolf Turner rolfturner at posteo.net
Wed May 29 02:52:13 UTC 2024

On Tue, 28 May 2024 09:59:01 +0600
Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 May 2024 23:37:22 -0400
> Pierre Fortin via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to not save the noname.* files when I have say only
> > three attachments?
> >
> DM: Hi, Pierre. Yes; what you're looking for is the 'Save all
> attachments...' option. (I'm not sure if it shows up everywhere and
> not sure how you're getting to your 'Save all...' option, but I see
> both of these options in the context menu when right-clicking on an
> attachment link in the body of a message or on the attachment icon in
> the right-hand sidebar.) ---Dustin

<SNIP>

I too would like to avoid saving the noname files.  But I cannot find a
"Save all attachments ..." option.

If I right click on an attachment in the  right-hand sidebar, I am
offered the choices "Open", "Open with", "Copy" (greyed out), "Send
to", "Display as text", "Save as ...", "Save all ...", "Next part",
"Previous part". No "Save all attachments ...".

Clicking on "Save all ..." saves the noname files.

What am I doing wrong or failing to understand?  Is there something
(e.g. a "Preference") that I should adjust?

Thanks for any guidance.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--