[Users] Customising claws

jrjfreer at yahoo.co.uk jrjfreer at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 21 16:29:50 UTC 2024

As a new user i have been tweaking Claws to my liking but i still have a few things i have not managed to do which i would be grateful for help on.

a] when one starts Claws and selects Inbox.
The highlight bar always selects a certain email that i received 24mar24. No idea why and can only assume that i have made a selection somewhere accidentally.
Note: I may have solved this myself literally a few mins ago. In Inbox the first column is Mark. If clicked accidentally maybe on startup the message will be automatically highlighted. I'll have to check several times but if not what could have happened?

b] display html content. [I really hate HTML messages but one has to read them!!!]
- it seems one needs to install plugins which i have done. One then goes to Configuration - Plugins and select the necessary. I selected LiteHTML viewer or Dillo. I have used both and find little between them.
- gone to Configuration - Preferences - Message view - Text options

Under HTML messages one has (/ denotes selected)
[/] render HTML messages as text
[/] render HTML text messages with plugins if possible
[/] select the HMTL part of multipart/alternative messages

It partly shows the message but not the same as viewing in the online GUI. So there must be another plugin to load. I have selected somewhere 'load remote images' for messages but cannot see where now.

many thanks
james