[Users] Yahoo and Claws ( Sending this again ( 3RD ATTEMPT), for some reason it didnt come through to the list )

jrjfreer at yahoo.co.uk jrjfreer at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 14 16:05:53 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 16:51:18 BST, Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, 14 May 2024 15:17:45 +0000 (UTC)
jrjfreer--- via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

>  On Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 14:58:44 BST, Leon Fisk
> <lfiskgr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 14 May 2024 13:45:49 +0000 (UTC)
> jrjfreer--- via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >Thx for the msg so what app does one use. What you've said makes
> >sense with Oauth but i have found with Gmail it has worked fine for
> >me.
>
> "Claws" is the app. Create the password at Yahoo and then enter it in
> the Claws Account settings for Yahoo that you're trying to get
> working... --
>
> Hopefully i am getting 'warmer'
>
> - One goes into web yahoo GUI and goes to the password generator
> which is a 16 digit password and notes it down.
>
> - start Claws and go to Configuration > Preferences for current
> account.
>
> In BASIC under 'Server Information' there is USERID which is one's
> email address in my case jrjfreer at yahoo.co.uk and for password i
> entered the new app password 16 digit number without spaces. Further
> down there is SEND and under authentication enter the USERID
> jrjfreer at yahoo.co.uk and 16 digit app password. Then select OAuth2
> and enter email address for ClientID and 16 digit for Authorisation
> code. Then click 'authorise'.

DM: Pretty sure it's not going to work to try to use both an app
password and 0auth2 -- it has to be one or the other I believe. If
Yahoo is like Gmail, you may also have to have 2FA enabled. I also saw
that another poster said that he got Yahoo working with Claws by
following the two Yahoo help pages, so I'm guessing you should have all
the info you need to get it working now. Cheers, ---Dustin

Except that for the server in Basic and Send one has to enter USERID and in Authorisation one has to enter USERID. If you don't it prompts for it.

james