[Users] can send but not reply from claws in comcast.net account

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon May 13 08:55:22 UTC 2024

On Sun, 12 May 2024 18:28:00 -0400, George Avrunin wrote:

> I resolved the problem by moving my .claws-mail directory out of the way and
> setting up my accounts again.  I was able to use the clawsrc and matcherrc
> files from the previous installation.

The more important config files with regard to the symptoms you've
described would be "accountrc" and "passwordstorerc". I assume that either
you've had a wrong/old password in your account settings somewhere about
"sending" email via the server that is responsible for sending and may be
different from the one responsible for "receiving" messages from your
postbox. You could run diff on both the old and new config files to figure
out the difference/s.

In either case, there has not been a Fedora update that would cause such
symptoms.