[Users] Claws-Mail configuration problems following upgrade to Mint 21.3

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Mar 26 22:51:29 UTC 2024

On 27/3/24 04:32, Gil Weber wrote:
> Hello. I am running Claws-Mail 4.1.1. Two days ago I upgraded from Mint
> 20.3 to 21.3 following all the online instructions from Mint. Ended up
> with some issues for Claws-Mail. And I'm hoping the gurus here can help.

Hello.

I am wondering from whence, you got Claws Mail 4.1.1 .

I installed Claws Mail, when I first installed Linux Mint (I believe it
was 21,0).

On the particular computer on which I use Claws mail,  I inadvertently
upgraded Linux Mint to 21.3 - I am running 21.0 and 21.2 on my two main
other computers - I won't upgrade the OS on them, to a later version,
because  the version upgrades involve downgrading Thunderbird to the
trojan horse version. The earlier OS versions are running Thunderbird
104.x, from before mozilla sabotaged thunderbird and turned it trojan horse.

On the Linux Mint 21.3 installation, which is up to date, I have Claws
Mail 4.0.0 .

So, I am wondering how you have Claws Mail 4.1.1 on Linux Mint 21.3; a
later version than I have on my updated system.

Bret Busby
Armadale
Western Australia
(UTC+0800)