[Users] Claws-Mail configuration problems following upgrade to Mint 21.3

Gil Weber gilweber at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 26 20:32:49 UTC 2024

Hello. I am running Claws-Mail 4.1.1. Two days ago I upgraded from Mint
20.3 to 21.3 following all the online instructions from Mint. Ended up
with some issues for Claws-Mail. And I'm hoping the gurus here can help.

1) Previously with every new message a number (BOLD) would
appear next to the folder names on the left side of the screen.
That bold number made it very easy to see where the new
messages had landed after filtering. The numbers still appear, but
they're no longer bold. And, additionally, the corresponding folder
name now appears in a reduced point size. Those two differences now make
it harder to find the new messages.

2) On the right side of the screen where the messages appear new ones
previously were bolded. As those messages do not always display
at the top (depends on the timestamps) the bold feature made them easy
to find and open or classify as spam.

Now new messages are no longer bold and, in addition, they appear in
a smaller point size.

Just as with issue #1 these changes make it hard to find and open/sort
new messages.

3) After the update any folder on the left and any message on the right
that's highlighted is displaying with a dark green band through it that
makes it harder to reader the characters underneath. I'd like to be able
to lighten the color bands. Can't figure the way to do it.

I have looked through all the settings in Claws-Mail
(Configuration>Preferences>Display>Colors) but not found
solutions for any of these issues. I  have tried the "Use default" tab
in Colors but that did not get me back to where I was with Mint 20.3.

I have also looked in Clawsker but not found solutions.

This should have been an uncomplicated upgrade as none of my own
(configuration) files should have been affected -- just the operating
system was changed.

Everything I have tried has been in the GUI as my skills are
the command line are quite limited.

Any wisdom with suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Gil