[Users] Claws-Mail configuration problems following upgrade to Mint 21.3

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 00:50:30 CET 2024

On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:32:49 -0400
Gil Weber <gilweber at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Hello. I am running Claws-Mail 4.1.1. Two days ago I upgraded from
> Mint 20.3 to 21.3 following all the online instructions from Mint.
> Ended up with some issues for Claws-Mail. ...

DM: Hi, Gil. I'm guessing it's highly likely it's a GTK3 system theme
issue rather than a Claws Mail issue. Either the theme that's being
used after the upgrade is different, or else the difference(s) in the
OS after the upgrade are causing the same theme to act differently. (I
have encountered both of these types of changes.) If you have the time
and energy, you could perhaps find a way to change the GTK3 css settings
for your system or for a particular theme to fix this for you (there
are posts related to this in this list's message archives), but it would
probably be easier to just try out different themes until you find one
that works for you. (Note that I'm not talking about 'themes' settings
within Claws itself [those are just related to icons, I think], but
rather for your overall system. These can usually be accessed through a
'Start' menu item like 'Appearance' or 'Style', depending on the OS and
version.) You may also find that a theme that fixes this for you causes
some other issue in Claws or other programs, so you'll just have to
figure out what combination of effects you can work with. 🙂️ Hope this
helps, ---Dustin