[Users] vertical scroll bar width -- can it be increased?

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Thu Mar 14 06:20:00 UTC 2024

On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 18:01:37 -0400
Gil Weber <gilweber at bellsouth.net> wrote:

Hello Gil,

>Is it possible to widen that scroll bar? If yes, how?

In ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css include the following;

scrollbar slider {
    min-width: Npx;
}

Obviously, set the number of pixels (N) to suit yourself.  I have it
at 8, but some experimentation may be required.

Note;  You may have to create the file.

Also note;  This will affect any gtk3 app that doesn't set it's own
scroll bar width.  Which, IMO, is a good thing.

--
 Regards  _       "Valid sig separator is {dash}{dash}{space}"
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"