[Users] Two quick questions

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Wed Jul 31 09:59:32 UTC 2024

On Wed, 31 Jul 2024 10:38:18 +0100
Joe <joe at jretrading.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to filter newsgroup messages according to number or
> names of crossposted groups? I have a large number of filter rules to
> make a couple of groups usable, but it could probably be done better by
> looking for crossposting.

In the account preferences, on the Advanced page there is an option 'Mark
cross-posted messages as read and color ....'. Use this option to set a
colour you use for nothing else and then filter on that colour.

> Is there a way to disable operation of URL links in received emails,
> either by folder or globally? It can probably be done with filters and
> regular expressions, but I was hoping there might be something already
> built-in. Displaying the actual URL would be a reasonable compromise.

What do you mean by "disable operation"? The last sentence suggests that you
are talking about HTML mails with links like "<a href="...">click me</a>".
The actual URL is displayed when you hover the mouse pointer over them.

with regards

Paul