[Users] Rules

c. marlow cwm030 at fastmail.us
Sat Jan 27 04:55:36 UTC 2024

Okay, I need a refresher course,  since it's been awhile since I've used Claws.

I know there's 3 types of filtering in Claws:

Pre, post, and folder filtering.

After reading this, I am still kind of confused:

https://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Filtering_and_Processing_of_Messages#What_is_the_difference_between_Filtering.2C_Folder_Processing.2C_Pre.2FPost-processing.3F

Which one do I use for everyday filtering? PRE, POST, FOLDER? or Any of the three?

Also:

I know I use to have a filter set up, I want to say a "processing filter"? Where when I clicked on the sent folder, emails were moved to their right sent folders.

IE:

Emails sent from my regular FastMail address
Emails from my various mail list addresses

Just clicking on the sent folder, moved those emails to their right place, and only worked when I clicked on the sent folder.

I THINK, that I set that up from right clicking on a folder and going to "PROCESSING", I think?

Thanks!

Chris

OFF LIST ADDRESS: CWM030 at FASTMAIL.COM