[Users] claws-mail with OAuth2 IMAP O365

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Thu Jan 11 13:07:40 UTC 2024

On Thu, 11 Jan 2024 13:00:50 +0000
"David Fletcher" <David at megapico.co.uk> wrote:

> Please see the FAQ that explains how to set this up. You need to register
> Claws with Microsoft to get a ClientID - this is because Claws has not
> been through the whole app audit process to be globally registered (as
> Thunderbird has). But it's a one-off process you can do yourself after
> which Claws works fine using Oauth2 authentication.

That doesn't answer Philippe's question at all. He said Claws Mail was not
acceptable by the dumb IT people, and wanted to "make O365 believe that I use
Thunderbird". AFAIK (as someone who purposely avoids ever using OAUTH2) this
is possible by using thunderbird's client id and client secret. IIRC, this
what you used, David, on your very first version of your patch adding OAUTH2
support. Please explain to Philippe how he can do that.

with regards

Paul