[Users] claws-mail with OAuth2 IMAP O365

David Fletcher David at megapico.co.uk
Thu Jan 11 13:00:50 UTC 2024

> So please, is there anyone who got claws working with OAuth2 and IMAP in
>  O365? Is there a way to configure claws as to make O365 believe that I
> use Thunderbird? Alternatively I could forward all my work e-mail to a
> gmail account. Has anyone been successful at using claws with gmail
> IMAP? I believe one also has to do it via OAuth2 nowadays.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help or advice,
>
> Philippe

Hi Philippe,

Please see the FAQ that explains how to set this up. You need to register
Claws with Microsoft to get a ClientID - this is because Claws has not
been through the whole app audit process to be globally registered (as
Thunderbird has). But it's a one-off process you can do yourself after
which Claws works fine using Oauth2 authentication.

https://claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Oauth2#Setting_up_OAuth_2.0_for_Microsoft_-_for_Outlook_or_Exchange

Best regards, David