[Users] Wrap quoted text with repeated quotation symbol

Kasper Peeters kasper.peeters at phi-sci.com
Sun Feb 11 14:15:52 UTC 2024

> > Is it possible to make Claws wrap long quoted text lines in such a way that
> > it puts a quotation symbol ">" on every line?
>
> OTOH, perhaps you are talking about messages you receive.

Yes, sorry, I am talking about messages which are received.

Claws wraps these to the window width (assuming the sender did not hard-wrap them to something shorter). If the first character of a long line is ">", many other mail clients put ">" (or a vertical bar) in front of every screen line, not just the first. That's the effect I am after. It makes quoted text blocks stand out more clearly.

> The leading '> ' character is part of the original message, it is not added by Claws Mail.

I know, but Claws already detects that this is special, because it colours that line differently from lines which do not have ">" as the first character. The only change I am suggesting is to put that ">" character in front of every screen line that is part of that same message line, when displaying this received message.

Thanks,
Kasper