[Users] How to change column widths

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Thu Sep 21 00:17:59 UTC 2023

I have used Claws Mail for years on Ubuntu, but now I'm moving to
Debian 12. It was really pretty easy, in spite of having tons of mail
and folders. I copied the Mail and .claws-mail folders from ~/ on
Ubuntu and pasted them into ~/ on Debian, then installed Claws Mail.
When I launched it I had to wait a few moments as it found the Mail
folder, but here I am, with everything as it was before, everything
except the configuration for the window, which I need help with.

My display is 4K, which makes windows and fonts tiny, so Settings in
Debian (like a lot of OSes these days) has an option to double the
window size. Unfortunately, the window for the new Claws Mail came up
double what it was on Ubuntu, and the fonts were also doubled. In
Preferences I knocked the fonts down to half of what they had been, and
I dragged the window to an appropriate size, but fixing the column
widths is driving me nuts. In the left panel I have columns for folder,
new, unread, and total. I can drag the widths for the first three, but
the total column is 3-4cm wide, and there is no way to change it. In
the message pane I have a similar problem, where the rightmost column
is way too big, but I can't change it.

Obviously there is a secret that I am missing. Can someone help?