[Users] Google/Gmail App Password Auto-Input

Lucus Bauder bauderlj at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 16:12:41 UTC 2023

Hello,

First time using a mailing list like this, so apologies if there's some
kind of etiquette I am missing.

User Story:
I am (as you can probably tell) using a @gmail address with Claws Mail,
and have managed to set it up correctly enough to send this! I am still
being prompted, however, on every restart to re-enter my app password
to this program. Part of the reason why I decided to move from the web
app was the annoyance of having to two-factor log in to my account just
to check emails daily (logging out regularly for privacy concerns), and
this seems to be much of a similar prospect.
/end User Story

Long story short, what can I do to actually store the app password
within Claws Mail for automatic use?

Thanks in advance for the help, should anybody do so!

If there is a solution to this problem, it may be worthwhile if
somebody who has access to the wiki update this article to make it more
clear for dummies like me.

https://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Using_Claws_Mail_with_Gmail

Also, in case the devs watch this list, thanks for making this program!