[Users] How to make the scrollbar sliders have more contrast

slitt at troubleshooters.com slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Sep 2 23:22:15 UTC 2023

For some reason, the setup in my ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css that I
posted earlier stopped working, specifically, I couldn't set the slider
color, just the slider background color. Also, in practice I found the
scrollbar I'd set disturbingly wide, and the normal state colors too
bright. So I ripped out all the CSS I'd recommended and replaced it
with the following:

======================================
scrollbar slider {
    /* Size of the slider */
    min-width: 12px;
    min-height: 18px;
    border-radius: 14px;
    background-color: darkblue;
    border: 5px solid black;
    border-width: 4px;
}

scrollbar slider:hover{
	background-color: white;
}

scrollbar slider:active{
	background-color: #66ffff;
}

Obviously, your mileage may vary, so change to suit.

SteveT