[Users] claws-mail impap-error Port 993 tls on Macos

Stephan Hesse stephan at briefhansa.de
Tue Oct 31 14:25:03 UTC 2023

Hello David,

I also had a homebrew installation of claws-mail and just my problems
with fetching the e-mails via imaps/993. I have an Intel Macbook pro
with ventura 13.6.1.
So the problems are still there, but the smtp mail sending works.
Very much I would like to build once claws-mail via git. Unfortunately
I have tried that in vain.
Have you tested this once yourself?
Maybe it is as you write a bug in the brew-arm64-version and the
problems would be fixed perhaps with the self-compiled version! That
would make me very happy!

Problem ./autogen.sh

claws % ./autogen.sh
glibtoolize: putting auxiliary files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, 'config'.
glibtoolize: copying file 'config/ltmain.sh'
glibtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIRS, 'm4'.
glibtoolize: copying file 'm4/libtool.m4'
glibtoolize: copying file 'm4/ltoptions.m4'
glibtoolize: copying file 'm4/ltsugar.m4'
glibtoolize: copying file 'm4/ltversion.m4'
glibtoolize: copying file 'm4/lt~obsolete.m4'
configure.ac:86: installing 'config/compile'
configure.ac:13: installing 'config/missing'
src/Makefile.am: installing 'config/depcomp'
checking build system type... x86_64-apple-darwin22.6.0
checking host system type... x86_64-apple-darwin22.6.0
checking target system type... x86_64-apple-darwin22.6.0
checking for a race-free mkdir -p... ./config/install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
/Users/edmin/Downloads/clawsgit/claws/configure: line 4550:
4.1.1-106-ga8e4b6: command not found
configure: error: *** could not determine program version
claws % cat configure | grep 4.1.1-106-ga8e4b6

**** LINE 4550:   GIT_VERSION=-n 4.1.1-106-ga8e4b6

Where is the problem?

Many greetings
Steffe