[Users] claws-mail impap-error Port 993 tls on Macos

Stephan Hesse stephan at briefhansa.de
Fri Oct 27 17:36:29 UTC 2023

Apple stores passwords in Keychain Management and in System Preferences
under Internet Accounts.

When I check my e-mails via claws-mail/imap-s, no password is requested
at this point. But this is normal under Linux. So it can't be retrieved
from the keychain administration. This is the problem. Apple wants to
collect all passwords for communication accounts in its administration.
claws-mail does not fit into this scheme. Third-party software with
TLS-Auth is probably the problem with apple.

Greetings Steffe