[Users] Folder scroll position at folder entry

Vilius Panevėžys vilius at elitnet.lt
Mon Oct 23 07:54:21 UTC 2023

Hi,
I'm experiencing a very similar issue, using the same CM version on
Debian stable, ascending message sort order by thread date, thread view
enabled, selection when entering a folder - "last opened email, oldest
new email, oldest unread email, oldest marked email, newest email in the
list". I somehow missed your thread before posting myself [1], even
though I did review the archives back to May of this year.

My observation is that the issue is only triggered when entering the
folder using mouse but not keyboard. So if I enter the folder using
mouse out of habit, the fastest workaround to position the message view
at the bottom is cursor key left (enter folder view) followed by cursor
key right (re-enter message list view).

As mentioned in the other thread, in my case the issue only happens in
a single folder. So I was inclined to believe the configuration/state
of the folder got borked somehow, but I haven't been able to find
anything unusual about it so far. If you have a consistently
reproducible scenario (not a single folder, ideally reproducible in a
different environment for developers to debug), that would be worthy of
a bug report.

[1]
https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2023-September/032222.html