[Users] Wrong message list view position in specific folder

Vilius Panevėžys vilius at elitnet.lt
Fri Sep 29 17:01:26 UTC 2023

Hi,
I have a minor but annoying issue after upgrading 3.17.8 -> 4.1.1:
after entering a specific folder the last selected message is selected
as configured but not visible: the message list view is positioned at
the top, while the selected message is at the bottom (sort by thread
date, ascending). Entering other folders works as expected - last
selected message is visible without scrolling.

The issue only happens when entering the folder using mouse. If I enter
the same folder using keyboard (either navigate using cursor keys and
enter by pressing return/cursor key "left" or "g", type name, hit
return) it works as expected - message list view is positioned at the
bottom with the selected message visible.

I ran CM with `--debug` and diff'ed the output of both cases, the
obvious difference is that in the bad case (folder entry using mouse)
there are two "newly selected" entries and none in the good case (entry
using keyboard), see attached archive. Not sure if it is worthy of a bug
report - so far I've only noticed the single folder where this happens.
But I would appreciate any advice on how to troubleshoot what triggers
the issue.