[Users] Error creating socket_dir /tmp/claws-mail-1001: No such file or directory

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Thu Oct 19 09:41:49 UTC 2023

On Wed, 18 Oct 2023 21:50:57 -0300
Luc GMail <lucmove at gmail.com> wrote:

> I use an old version of claws mail (3.14.1) on an old distro. I cannot
> upgrade my distro or claws mail.
>
> On one of the kernels I have, it works fine. On the other, I get this error:
>
> $ claws-mail
> /tmp/claws-mail-1001: mkdir: No such file or directory
> Error creating socket_dir /tmp/claws-mail-1001: No such file or directory
>
> Does anyone here know why this happens and how to fix it?

For a start, you haven't given us much to go on. For example, which distro and
version.

You dropped by asking this question on IRC but didn't wait for an answer. On
IRC you seemed to be connecting as root. Maybe this is related to your
problem.

Since you say it works with one kernel but not another, then it looks like
that is where the solution will lie. Compare the kernels.

Anyway, Claws Mail 3.14.1 is 6 (six!) years old and you cannot expect
support for such an old version.

with regards

Paul