[Users] Unable to Load LiteHtmlViewer Plugin (Using libgumbo2) on v4.1.1git90

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 09:25:00 UTC 2023

On Sat, 7 Oct 2023 08:57:45 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Oct 2023 08:53:14 -0000
> Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 5 Oct 2023 20:02:13 +0600
> > Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > * Create a new file '/etc/ld.so.conf.d/claws.conf' as root with
> > > ‘sudo touch /etc/ld.so.conf.d/claws.conf' .
> > > * Open that file with 'xed admin:///etc/ld.so.conf.d/claws.conf'
> > > and put the following [contents] in it: [/usr/local/].
> >
> > Although that works, it's not really right. Creating claws.conf
> > there would make sense if you were adding, say,
> > /usr/local/claws-mail/x86_64-linux/lib, but all you are adding is
> > /usr/local/, which is not a claws-mail specific location at all.
>
> Makes more sense to call the file local.conf, wouldn't you agree?

DM: That does sound like it's probably right / best. As of yet, I
haven't put a lot of time into learning the Linux file structures and
associated rationale for how things are organized, labeled, etc. I
first ran into this specific problem with shared library locations when
a program I was trying to install couldn't find the poco libs at
/usr/local/lib, and I'm thinking the instructions I found online
mentioned using the filename 'poco.conf', whereas I guess it would have
made more sense for it to be local.lib.conf or locallib.conf? I didn't
realize until recently that the '*' part of '*.conf' was just a user
choice for a descriptive filename that didn't really have an impact on
the actual functioning. In any case, thanks for helping me learn even
more about this. 🙂️ Cheers, ---Dustin