[Users] Unable to Load LiteHtmlViewer Plugin (Using libgumbo2) on v4.1.1git90

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 04:00:18 UTC 2023

Linux Mint Debian Edition 6
Xfce
Claws Mail (CM) v4.1.1git90

Building from git showed that the LiteHTML Viewer plugin had been built
(libgumbo2 present, so built by default), and no related warnings or
errors were displayed. However, it was not automatically present at CM
runtime, as expected (based on my config). When I tried to load it
manually, it gave the following error:

"The following error occurred while loading litehtml_viewer.so:

libgumbo.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory"

User error? Need more info from my end? Quick fix? Shall I file a bug?

Thanks,
Dustin