[Users] claws-mail impap-error Port 993 tls on Macos

David Fletcher David at megapico.co.uk
Mon Nov 27 21:15:32 UTC 2023

>Thank you for your offer to program a patch for claws-mail.
>
>In the meantime the new versions 4.2.0 and 3.20.0 have been released.
>I had tried to compile claws-mail for Intel(!) Macos with both versions.
>Unfortunately, make still does not run without errors.
>
>My problem is still receiving e-mail via imaps/993. Sending e-mail via
>port 587 works!
>Still this error message:
>* Account 'Briefhansa': Connect to IMAP-Server:
>mail.briefhansa.de:993...
>*** TLS handshake failed
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Greetings Steffe

Hi Steffe,

Could you give more information on the errors you are getting when
compiling?

I just tried it on an Intel Mac and with the configure line below I was
able to build Claws version 3.20.0 without issues.

  ./configure --disable-archive-plugin --disable-dillo-plugin
--disable-notification-plugin

That computer now has very outdated MacOS and homebrew so unless I
manually compile GTK3 and all its dependencies I can't run Claws
version 4.2 on there.

The patch for 4.2 now exists (tested on an Apple Silicon mac) and has
been combined with a patch to enable the Windows version of Claws to
compile. These look OK but are still with the Claws development mailing
list at the moment. However, I don't think the patch is going to fix
the TLS handshake error as the patch is mostly about the
X11/Quarts/Wayland interface backend not the core logic of TLS
connections.

Are there any accompanying errors if you start Claws in the console?

Best regards, David