[Users] Folder scroll position at folder entry

Vilius Panevėžys vilius at elitnet.lt
Tue Nov 14 10:30:32 UTC 2023

On Tue, 14 Nov 2023 14:22:34 +0530
Jim Pachowski <jimmy.patch at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Select an empty folder (message list should be empty).
> 2. Mouse-click to a folder with enough messages listed in the message
> list to require a scroll bar.

Unfortunately, that's not what I see. I'd love for the bug to be
consistently reproducible and easy to fix, but I haven't noticed a
consistently repeatable scenario so far.

As I've mentioned before, I have one specific folder in which it
happens almost consistently. I've seen it happen in another folder, but
that's so rare, I thought it's the single affected folder for a while. I
did a quick experiment switching (using mouse, of course) between a
non-empty folder and the folder in which the issue happens almost
consistently: in 5 experiments it took me 12, 7, 1, 3 and 16 mouse
entries to the affected folder to get the expected behaviour. I.e. the
first 11 times the issue was reproducible switching between a non-empty
folder and the affected folder, on the 12th entry, the message list
view was positioned correctly - the issue did not happen. The issue
happened 6 times in a row in the second attempt and then did not happen,
etc.

So, based on this tiny dataset reproducibility in my case is somewhere
around 87% in the affected folder. And that's in the scenario
(non-empty folder to the affected folder) where you say it does not
happen at all. :)

> #2 can be any non-empty folder if the initial condition of empty
> folder is met.

This also does not hold in my case.