[Users] office365 oauth2

Paul Rolland rol at witbe.net
Mon May 15 13:56:58 UTC 2023

Hello,

On Mon, 15 May 2023 19:20:19 +0600
Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> * 1. I was able to log in to Azure with my organization email account
>   details and access all of the settings I needed to in order to set up
>   Claws Mail for Oauth2.

Same for me.

> * 2. When I tried to use the client ID / secret I had created to get the
>   authentication token for Claws, the process led me to a browser page
>   / window that said Claws was not authorized for use with this tenant,
>   but that I could request for authorization. (In researching this, my
>   understanding was that if I requested it, Microsoft would then let my
>   organization know about my request and then if they approved it,
>   Microsoft would allow access.) I tried this, but never heard back from
>   Microsoft on it.

Any request you do that way ends in the Azure portal in :
  Enterprise Applications
but before that, it must pass the tenant approbation, and that's where an
admin of the tenant must go to:
  Enterprise Applications > Admin consent requests
and review and approve your request. If that's not done, then the
application is not approved. If it is approved, it'll be mostly for all
users of the application in the tenant, if CM uses the same Application ID
for all.

Rol