[Users] office365 oauth2

dmacdoug dmacdoug at usc.edu
Fri May 12 00:58:43 UTC 2023

My University email is handled on Microsoft office365.
I've been using Thunderbird with it successfully but I'd
like to give Claws-mail a try instead.  I tried to follow
the instructions given for Outlook or Exchange here:

https://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Oauth2#Setting_up_OAuth_2.0_for_Microsoft_-_for_Outlook_or_Exchange

Step 1 is to login to portal.azure.com which works.
Step 2 is to click on Azure Active Directory.
   When I do this it briefly displays the side menu
where I presume link to click in step 3 might be, but
then goes to an error message saying "you do not have access".

So, does anyone might know if there is a solution to this problem?

I did see a bug report where someone was trying to use Claws-Mail
while pretending to be Thunderbird.  This is familiar to me because
I had to do that in order to use getmail to download mail from
office365.  A client app needs to be registered with office 365 to
get a token.  Since getmail is not a registered app, the solution
is to borrow the token from Thunderbird.  Does Claws-Mail have it's
own token or is some similar workaround necessary?

Thanks,
Don