[Users] Colors

Paul Rolland rol at witbe.net
Thu May 11 10:12:44 UTC 2023

Hello,

On Thu, 11 May 2023 05:53:49 -0400
"Gerard E. Seibert" <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:

> > When I start claws-mail, the entire desktop is a dark gray color
> > with white lettering. I want it to be a white background with black
> > lettering. I have attached a screen shot of what I am looking at. It

> That seems to be where I am having a problem. I have tried a half dozen
> different themes; however, they only change the ICON designs, not the
> physical page background and default text color. I guess I'll just have
> to keep playing around with it until I get it all squared away.

On my machine, I have this file also controlling GTK rendering:

  ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini

and it does have :
[Settings]
gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme=true

and that is causing the GTK apps to prefer a dark theme, so a dark
background, with white lettering.

Maybe you have something similar on your machine ?

Best,
Rol