[Users] Color choices affected by non-standard quote characters

Leon Fisk lfiskgr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 21:29:28 UTC 2023

On Sun, 26 Mar 2023 14:10:17 -0700
Viatrix via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

<snip>
>This is correct (at least in my cases); incorrectly formatted quotes
>are the fault of the *sender*. To my knowledge, Claws unfortunately has
>no easy fix to this, beyond asking the sender to change their quote
>formatting.

I suspect what happens is that their client wraps an overly long line
that is quoted with a LF(line feed) rather than a "flowed" style "=LF".

I played around with this using an earlier message and directly editing
the mail message. An overly long line with a proper ">" quote in front
would wrap okay, staying highlighted but no new ">" would be added. If
their client wrapped the line with flowed "=LF" it would also show
wrapped okay highlighted but missing the leading ">" as before. If just
a "LF" is added to create the wrap there will be no highlighting or ">".

Little Girl could check the raw email in offending quotes and see if
the lines are being split with a lone "LF" and not a "=LF" or just an
overly long line that Claws wraps <shrug>

--
Leon
Claws 3.19.0, Debian