[Users] Drag and drop is a bit skewed

mahlamytsike at gmail.com mahlamytsike at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 13:26:53 UTC 2023

On Tue, 7 Mar 2023 13:28:02 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Mar 2023 14:29:14 +0200
> <mahlamytsike at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > That's why I can't find things where I put them.
>
> Well, you /can/ find things where you put them, but you can't find
> things where you /think/ you put them. The gif clearly shows that you
> are dropping messages in the 'Linux' sub-folder.
>
> What did you think the folder row highlighting was for if not to
> indicate the target folder?!?

Hi !

I can clearly see on the GIF that when I drag the email exactly horizontally into the 'Computing' folder, it instead falls into the lower 'Linux' folder. That's why using Claws Mail requires extra care so that things fall where they're meant to. Now it's clear that this feature of Claws Mail is intentional. That should have been said at the very beginning.

> Oh, and BTW, Claws Mail does not control the pointer icons.

I don't see anywhere that I said the mouse icons are wrong.