[Users] Drag and drop is a bit skewed

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Mon Mar 6 13:01:29 UTC 2023

On Mon, 6 Mar 2023 14:21:50 +0200
<mahlamytsike at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I grab an message, the mouse pointer transforms to hand, now (on the
> video) when I drag this hand to 'Coding' folder, the bottom 'Linux' folder
> will be highlighted. Now when I release mouse button and drop, the message
> moved to the 'Linux' instead of 'Coding' where mouse actually points. You
> can see this on the referenced video.

I think you are just misled by the image used by the pointer icon. If the
little arrow which forms part of the pointer icon was situated in the middle
of the icon then you might feel differently, it seems?

The thing here is that the pointer icon is much larger than the target area.
If the pointer icon was smaller then you would not be raising this point. The
central area of the pointer is what matters, not its extremities.

Anyway, the highlighted target works correctly. This is what you should be
focussing on, rather than an arbitrary pointer image.

with regards

Paul