[Users] mailing list

Richard lists-claws at listmail.innovate.net
Wed Jun 28 21:33:39 UTC 2023

> Date: Thursday, June 29, 2023 05:26:01 +0800
> From: Bret Busby <bret at busby.net>
>

> To confirm that such a facility exists elsewhere (I could not find
> it in the claws-mail user manual), for reference to the facility in
> Thunderbird, see
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1383413 .
>
> If none of the users can answer the query of the OP, perhaps, Paul,
> who is, I believe,the developer of claws-mail, can answer whether
> the functionality is available in claws-mail, and, if so, how to
> implement it.

I concur that the OP appears to be after a "group" addressbook
option. A reference to that can be found as the bottom item at:

  <https://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Composing_Mails_Or_News>

After bring up the address book -- select "Edit" and a "New Group"
option should show.

One caution, some MSPs have a view of how many recipients they are
willing to accept on a single message. Often this is in the 20-25
range, so multiple groups may need to be set up and mailed to
separately if issues are encountered.