[Users] Newbie Hello is anybody around? Regards

Richard lists-claws at listmail.innovate.net
Sat Jun 24 17:49:17 UTC 2023

> Date: Saturday, June 24, 2023 15:44:37 +0000
> From: tobias schwibingerr
>
>>  Am Samstag, 24. Juni 2023 um 16:35:49 MESZ hat Paul
>> <paul at claws-mail.org> Folgendes geschrieben:
>>
>>>  On Sat, 24 Jun 2023 14:01:10 +0000 (UTC)
>>> tobias schwibingerr via Users wrote:
>>>
>>> Good afternoon
>>> Cannot connect  claws with yahoo.
>>> I ask for help
>>>
>>> * Konto 'whyhskyhigh at yahoo.de@pop.mail.yahoo.de': Verbinde mit
>>> POP3-Server: imap.mail.yahoo.de:993...[2023-06-09 17:24:07] POP< *
>>> OK Welcome! IMAP Server up and ready to accept your request***
>>> Fehler beim Verarbeiten der E-Mail.
>>

>> It's hard to say what your problem just with the information you
>> provided.
>>
>> "Fehler beim Verarbeiten der E-Mail." I would agree with that,
>> 'whyhskyhigh at yahoo.de@pop.mail.yahoo.de' isn't a correct email
>> address.
>>
>> Provide more information if you need more of an answer.
>>
>> with regards
>>
>> Paul
>

>  Good afternoonWht do You want to know?
> I did install claws on a computerI did connect claws with an email
> ad.Fine. Now second computerI try to connect to yahoo.This does not
> work. I thinkas amateurTLS POP or imapis wrong data.

You may want to look at:

  POP  -- <https://de.hilfe.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4724.html>
  IMAP -- <https://de.hilfe.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4075.html>

for the settings for Yahoo POP and IMAP respectively. Note that you
need to use a generated/app-password, not your yahoo site pw. I
believe it also supports Oauth 2, but it's likely easier to start out
with the app password.

If you continue to have problems, please provide the details of the
imap/pop/smtp configurations you are using for your yahoo account(s).