[Users] Fcc option

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Wed Jul 26 05:19:26 UTC 2023

On Wed, 26 Jul 2023 00:35:47 +0200
Charles Stroom via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> Hi, is it possible to add an "Fcc:" item to the addressing options
> which at present include only "To Cc Bcc Newsgroups Reply-To
> Followup-To". All sent mail will be stored in folder "Sent".  I will
> have to go thru that folder and move the individual emails to the
> appropriate one. An Fcc would to this while sending the email and
> would save me some work.
>
> Thanks, Charles

I known nothing about 'Fcc:', but not all sent mails are stored in
'Sent' folder if you want - first, if you use some kind of filtering
incoming mails into folders, you can set a folder properties (right
click on folder in folder list pane, select 'Properties...' item from
drop down menu, select 'Compose' page in window opened, and, finally,
check 'Save copy of outgoing messages to this folder instead of Sent').
This settings is reflected both when replying to mail sorted into a
folder and when composing new mail while folder with this property
is selected.

Next, in compose window, there is 'Others' tab just under compose
window's toolbar. Here you can adjust folder where copy of mail being
composed will be saved to, but this is set just for the one mail being
composed. I don't know whether this option could be set in a template
as I do not use templates, but it is scriptable, using either Python
scripting plugin (https://www.claws-mail.org/plugin.php?plugin=python)
available with Claws Mail, or my Lua scripting plugin, available from
me as patch (requires local build), if your needs are somehow special.

Regards,
Milan