[Users] Crash recovery - rebuilding folders

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Fri Jan 6 19:28:26 UTC 2023

On Thu, 5 Jan 2023 16:51:08 +0900
Bernd Plagge <bplagge at choicenet.ne.jp> wrote:

> I tried to add (old) number to some mailing list/mailbox; sometimes the
> added mails would show in Claws - sometimes not.

In order to see newly added mails you only need to select and open the folder
in Claws Mail after adding files with your file manager.

In what situation did it not work for you?

As a last resort you can right-click the top-level mailbox folder and use
'Rebuild folder tree' and/or 'Check for new messages' and 'Check for new
folders'.

> Is there some information available about how I have to prepare the
> older mails so that I can import them?

IF the messages files are already in MH format, use your file manager to add a
directory holding the mail files. After adding the directory to your mailbox
folder (default is ~/Mail/), use 'check for new folders' in Claws Mail as
detailed above.

with regards

Paul